I was watching TV and I saw a commercial about a wrestling show coming up and they were featuring Shawn Michaels. And I started talking to the TV. “Why is Shawn Michaels still wrestling??” After I said that, I stopped and shook my head and was wondering why I say that and why do I know who Shawn Michaels is?
Later that day, I was talking with my Aunt Pat and told her about what I did. She laughed and started to talk about watching wrestling with her mom and dad when she was young. Then she started naming some of the wrestlers — Hulk Hogan and André the Giant.
I started to think of all the wrestlers that I remember from watching on TV (with my dad) and even live at some of the wrestling events I went to (Wrestlemania 1 via satellite).
Here are some of the wrestlers that I remember:
- “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka – no on could fly off the top of the ring like him
- “Rowdy” Roddy Piper – wrestler and an actor (1988 John Carpenter cult classic, They Live)
- Ricky Steamboat – he was one of my favorites along with Tito Santana
- Sting – I wish my make-up stayed on like his did during wrestling matches!
- “The Macho Man” Randy Savage – I thought he would have a stroke ever time he talked in am interview
- Ric Flair – “Woooooo!”
- Junkyard Dog – a wrestler wearing a long chain attached to a dog collar
Then there are the “old-school wrestlers” from way back when who I remember watching when I was really young:
**Warning – don’t click on the names unless you want to see what they look like now… Ricky :(**
It amazas me what things I remember. I can’t remember my password to get my Yahoo e-mail, but I can remember wrestler’s names from when I was a kid watching wrestling with my dad??
¡Oh Dios mío!
Filed under: Fun Stuff, Rants | Tagged: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, "The Macho Man" Randy Savage, André the Giant, Bobo Brazil, Hulk Hogan, Iron Sheik, Junkyard Dog, Mil Mascaras, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Sting, Tito Santana | Leave a Comment »