This past week and half, three celebrities have passed away (I’m sure there were others).
First it was Andy Rooney who passed away on November 4, 2011.
Here are some quotes from BrainyQuote.com by Andy Rooney.
- “I didn’t get old on purpose, it just happened. If you’re lucky, it could happen to you”
- “If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one.”
- “The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.”
- “The closing of a door can bring blessed privacy and comfort – the opening, terror. Conversely, the closing of a door can be a sad and final thing – the opening a wonderfully joyous moment.”
- “Vegetarian – that’s an old Indian word meaning lousy hunter.”
Then there was Joe Frazier — Smokin’ Joe, who passed away on November 7, 2011.
I really didn’t see any of Smokin’ Joe’s fights. But I know he was an important part of the boxing world.
And then today, Heavy D (Dwight Arrington Myers) who passed away on November 8, 2011.
Of course my best memory of Heavy D is through his music with Heavy D & the Boyz. One of my favorite songs from the 90′s is “Now That We Found Love“.
May you all Rest in Peace.