The World According to Sylvia Garza is a place for me to write about whatever I am thinking about. Weather it’s TV show or jokes. Fun or serious. Useful or not. It’s just a place where I can put my two cents in and see what happens.
Hope you find it entertaining.
Ways to get in touch with me:
Cell phone: 210.527.7610
Google Talk: sgarza66
A little about myself…
- Currently living in Texas, just south of San Antonio
- Before moving to Texas, lived in Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky for four years
- Before Kentucky, was born and raised in Flint, Michigan
- My family consists of: my parents, older sister, Cynthia and her husband Dan and younger brother, Joe.
- I have a nephew, Brad who is 20 (he’ll be 21 on August 21) and a niece, Pamela who going to be 17 (January 23). I love them more than anything in the world. And I am truly blessed to be their Aunt.
(For the fans of Inside the Actor’s Studio… you understand they following questions. At the end of each show, the host James Lipton asks the celebrity guest 10 questions.)
1. What is your favorite word? Thank you
2. What is your least favorite word? Anywhoo
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Humor
4. What turns you off? Small minded people
5. What is your favorite curse word? Jack-Ass
6. What sound or noise do you love? The Ocean
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Someone clipping their nails in their desk or cubicle
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Lawyer
9. What profession would you not like to do? Salesperson
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome, you’re going to love the place
- I am an Elvis Presley fan
- Like Mexican Food
- Involved with my High School class reunions (2010 will be our 25th Year)
- I like taking pictures
That’s it for now.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software; Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Self-Starter – Work with Minimal Supervision
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (Manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment).
- Good knowledge of general office practices, procedures and office equipment
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to Multi-Task and handle several concurrent projects; constant change
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- HR Generalist
May 2003 Spring Arbor University
Bachelor’s Degree – Management and Organizational Development
1985-1988 Mott Community College
Associates Degree – Liberal Arts
5/09 – Current
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio (UTHSCSA) – Continuing Medical Education department.
Administrative Assistant for the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium — www.sabcs.org
7/06 – 2/2008
ServerBeach Ltd., San Antonio, TX
Administrative Assistant , Office Manager / HR Generalist
10/04 – 5/05
Medical Heights Surgery Center, Lexington, KY
2/2002 – 9/2004
Humana Inc., Louisville, KY
7/00 – 1/01
Volt Telecommunications Group, Inc., Brighton, MI
6/96 – 7/00
Palace Sports and Entertainment, Auburn Hills, MI
- Coordinator of Basketball Operations for the Detroit Shock
- Switchboard Operator
- Box Office – Sales