Hello blog, I have missed you.
It’s been a couple of days since my last post. On Tuesday, December 8th, I was admitted into the hospital with pneumonia — grew into Double Pneumonia by the end of the week.
Boy, was I shocked when the P.A. in the ER told me that. I was not prepared at all to spend the night in the hospital and deal with all of the antibiotics, breathing treatments, blood pressure checks, blood sugar level checks and waking up every four hours.
Since I am still in the hospital, my brother, Joe, let me borrow his netbook today so I can start feeling a little bit normal again.
I wanted to share a few things that I have learned from being in the hospital:
- There are some really strange people in this world!! I mean really strange. And I had one as a room mates for a couple of days. Listening to this person talk and tell her “stories”, it was like watching a novella right in front of me. After two days, I just couldn’t take it any more and asked to be moved.
- Nurses who work at night are the hardest working people I have ever seen. All that they have to deal with. My hats are off to these people and thanks for helping me at night when I needed it!
- Grahams crackers don’t taste the same in the hospital. They have a weird hospital taste to the and I don’t think I will be eating them when I get out of the hospital.
- You should watch CSI or any medical TV shows when your in the hospital. I was getting convinced that I had what they were talking about.
- Laying around and doing nothing is not all that it is cracked up to be!
- I have some very nice family and friends who have spent me their prayers and thoughts my way (via Facebook). Getting messages on my cell phone has helped pass the time along.
- For my friend Robby, our birthday is December 17th and I am hoping that I will be out of the hospital by then. I don’t even care if I get a cake, I just want to be out of the hospital and celebrate the “world’s greatest day!”
OK, that’s it for now. I’m getting a little dizzy sitting here are this little netbook keyboard. I am looking forward to posting something tomorrow.
So make sure you keep yourselves healthy and not end up in the hospital like me!!
Filed under: Personal