I have said before and I’ll say it again… I love SyFy Orignal Movies and the latest one did not fail me. On Thursday, July 11, 2013, SyFy showed “Sharknado”.
First thing I had to do was to set my DVR to record this soon-to-be classic. Second, I got on GetGlue and had to put my 5-cents in with the other fans. And third, sit and be amazed with the acting and the images of sharks in tornados in Los Angeles.
I have been reading the hoopla about this movie and I didn’t realize that there was a buzz on Twitter and celebrities tweeting about the movie.
From Fox News:
SyFy’s latest campy monster-disaster movie was the talk of the Twitterverse Thursday night. The show, which debuted at 9 pm EST, peaked at over 5,000 tweets per minute at 10:58 pm. That’s’ almost 80 tweets per second, nowhere near the record of over 5,000 tweets per second set after Obama’s second presidential election win, but still a huge event by Twitter standards.
Read more about it, click here.
Here were some of the comments I posted on GetGlue:
- Great, I’m already afraid of tornados, now I have to be afraid of sharks being in them too??
- Sharknados… what’s next Shark-izzards? Avalanche-Shark?
- SyFy had me to the very end of the movie… diving into a shark and coming out using a chainsaw!
I found this on imdb.com. It was posted by musicman_46
Things I’m learning from Sharknado
12 hours ago (Thu Jul 11 2013 18:54)
- Hurricanes hit California
- They move in fast with no warning to speak of
- One minute, the surf is calm, then 20-30 foot waves crash thru windows at bars on the pier, then, in long sots, the ocean is calm
- The sun shines in hurricanes
- Streets are bone dry after a hurricane passes then, surprisingly, streets are flooded
- Hurricanes pass in minutes
- John Heard REALLY needs a paycheck
- I may not learn as much from Sharknado as I did from Mega Piranha, but, it’s still early in the movie
These are good tips that we all should learn. We never know what is going to happen in the kooky world we live in.
As might guess by the title of the movie, you were going to get sharks (all types of sharks) in tornados.
Then there is the cast:
- Tara Reid as April
- Ian Ziering as Fin
- John Heard as George
- Cassie Scerbo as Nova
- Jaason Simmons as Baz
Here are some of the stellar lines from the movie.
The script was rich with dialogue that could only be described as (intentionally?) hilarious … or groan-inducing. Here are five of the most memorable lines from the movie:
1. “Looks like it’s that time of the month” — spoken after a shark attacks a man in a house, which then becomes flooded with bloody water.
2. “Need a lift?” — Fin to a busload of school kids after he rappels down a rope to rescue them.
3. “They took my grandfather. So I really hate sharks.” — Nova (Cassie Scerbo), explaining why she, um, really hates sharks.
4. “That pet store’s got everything we need. Except for piranhas.”
5. “Sharks in a tornado. Sharknado. Simply stunning.”
(Source: The Hollywood Reporter)
And just in case you need more about Sharknado, check out these other sites:
I can not wait to see what SyFy pulls out of their creative minds to top this movie? One thing is for sure, I will be there with my DVR ready and my glued to the Internet posting and watching it on TV.