At the beginning of the year, I thought I would get a jump on it and organize my e-mails and newsletters that I get. One of the folders I made was 2013 — Recipes. Well, it’s August and I am just taking a look at all of the e-mails I get pertaining to food and recipes.
Here is one that I came upon today and I thought it looked really good! I might have to go to the store and make this. Or maybe I’ll just check to see if it already comes made!
- 9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex® or Wheat Chex® cereal (or combination)
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel twists2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and crackers. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
- 2 Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
Go ahead and add some peanuts or mixed nuts to the mix–about 1 cup would be just enough!
Need clever gift wrapping ideas for this 15-minute recipe? Check out Mix & Mingle with Chex® Party Mix.