It is finally here!
I’ve been waiting for this day ever since the movie, “Back to the Future” (1985) came out. Wondering what October 21, 2015 would be like? Can we go back in time? Will there be hoverboards? Will there be Dehydrated pizza and Fruit dispenser.
Back to the Future is a 1985 American comic science fiction film directed by Robert Zemeckis, written by Zemeckis and Bob Gale, produced by Gale and Neil Canton, and starring Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover and Thomas F. Wilson. Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy, and Frank Marshall served as executive producers. In the film, teenager Marty McFly (Fox) is sent back in time to 1955, where he meets his future parents in high school and accidentally becomes his mother’s romantic interest. Marty must repair the damage to history by causing his parents-to-be to fall in love, and with the help of eccentric scientist Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown (Lloyd), he must find a way to return to 1985. (from Wikipedia.com)
I can’t forget the great cast of the movie:
- Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly
- Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown
- Lea Thompson as Lorraine Baines-McFly
- Crispin Glover as George McFly
- Thomas F. Wilson as Biff Tannen
- Claudia Wells as Jennifer Parker
- James Tolkan as Mr. Strickland
- Marc McClure as Dave McFly
- Wendie Jo Sperber as Linda McFly
The soundtrack of the movie:
- “The Power of Love” – Huey Lewis and the News
- “Time Bomb Town” – Lindsey Buckingham
- “Back to the Future” – The Outatime Orchestra
- “Heaven Is One Step Away” – Eric Clapton
- “Back in Time” – Huey Lewis and the News
- “Back to the Future Overture” – The Outatime Orchestra
- “The Wallflower (Dance with Me Henry)” – Etta James
- “Night Train” – Marvin Berry and The Starlighters
- “Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)” – Marvin Berry and The Starlighters
- “Johnny B. Goode” – Marty McFly with the Starlighters
Here are some new technologyevents the the movie predicted that would happen on October 21, 2015:
- Power-lacing shoes
- Video telephone
- Fruit dispenser
- The Chicago Cubs win the World Series. (Wouldn’t that be nice?)
Here are some of my quotes from the movie.
Younger Dr. Emmett Brown: [running out of the room] 1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Marty McFly: [following] What-what the hell is a gigawatt?
Biff Tannen: Since you’re new here, I-I’m gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here?
Biff Tannen: What are you looking at, butthead?
Marty McFly: Hey, Doc, we better back up. We don’t have enough road to get up to 88.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Marty McFly: Calvin? Wh… Why do you keep calling me Calvin?
Lorraine Baines: Well, that is your name, isn’t it? Calvin Klein? It’s written all over your underwear.
I’m going to have to put this movie on my cell phone to watch during my lunchtime. If only to see Michael J. Fox on a daily basis!
Other “Back to the Future” sites to visit:
- Official website
- Back to the Future at the Internet Movie Database
- Back to the Future at the TCM Movie Database
- Back to the Future at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Back to the Future at Box Office Mojo
- Back to the Future at Rotten Tomatoes
- Back to the Future at Metacritic
Filed under: Current Events, Did you know?, Fun Stuff, Movies, The 80's | Tagged: 1.21 gigawatts, 2015, Back to the Future, Christopher Lloyd, Crispin Glover, DeLorean, Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown, Hoverboards, Lea Thompson , Marty McFly, Michael J. Fox, October 21, Robert Zemeckis, The Power of Love, Thomas F. Wilson |