I got this recipe in my e-mails from the Betty Crocker Newsletter. I really need to break down and go to the store to get the ingredients to make these.
Luscious Lemon Squares
1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, if desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, building up 1/2-inch edges.
- Bake crust 20 minutes.
- Beat granulated sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, baking powder, salt and eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center. Cool; dust with powdered sugar. Cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares.
It is my goal to make these Lemon Bars this month! I’ll post a picture of the finish bars after I make them.