I got this e-mail from an old dear friend, Helena and I wanted to pass it along. Thanks, Helena!
How many of these do you remember?
(The one’s that I remember are in bold).
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water – I tried those again a couple of years ago, they were terrible. How did I drink them when I was a kid?
3. Candy cigarettes – I thought I was all cool “smoking” those cigarettes!!
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside jukeboxes – I had a MEAN mother, she would give us any money to play songs, we had to sit there and just eat our food.
6. Drug stores with soda fountains – I loved to sit at the counter and spin around and around on the stools.
7. Party lines on the telephone
8 Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels…[if you were fortunate])
12. Howdy Doody – I was more of a Captain Kangaroo fan.
13. 45 RPM records
14. S&H Greenstamps – I hated going to the S&H Greenstamp stores with my mom when I was little.
16. Metal ice trays with lever – There would always be a couple of stray ice cubes that would not come out.
17. Mimeograph paper – Oh, I can still remember the smell and dampness of the paper.
18. Blue flashbulb – no matter how much I knew better, I always touched the flashbulb after taking a picture.
20. Roller skate keys
Oh, those were the days!!